Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway said yesterday it had taken a $76 million stake in GlaxoSmithKline. That's some Valentine--even though the stake is relatively tiny (Berkshire also announced a $4.3 billion stake in Kraft Foods) where Warren Buffett goes, others are sure to follow.
It also got us thinking--what if longtime Berkshire Hathaway shareholder and well-known troubadour/leisure-man Jimmy Buffett had taken the stake instead? (Though friends, the two men are not related, according to consumer genomics co 23andMe.)
- Dual Philly/London HQ controversy solved by moving base of operations to Margaritaville
- All GSK salespeople required to grow pencil-thin mustasche
- All Cheeseburgers in Paradise now come with complimentary Avandia scrip
- Piña colada flavor introduced to OTC cough meds
- Alli slogan changed to: "I don't know where I'mma gonna go when the volcano blow!"
Believe it or not, that's all we got. Feel free to add your own (or lament the quality of our Friday humor) in the comments.
photo from flickr user J.E.S. used under a creative commons license