To the tripartite inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness that are enshrined in the US Declaration of Independence let us add a few as you re-enter the working world after a long holiday weekend. We hope your BBQs were delicious, your weather warm, and your blackberries silent.
While you were exercising the right ...
- To Boast: Ipsen tells Bloomberg: we have too many drugs to develop. Oh, poor Ipsen.
- To Post: Not everyone took a long weekend: IN VIVO Blog posted Deals of the Week and our take on the EU approval of Novo's Victoza/liraglutide on Friday.
- To Defend: Sanofi's latest long-term Lantus safety news: the drug is no worse than insulin when it comes to causing retinopathy (reuters).
- To Argue: The NYT reports on the state of the health care debate in Maine, where two moderate republican senators are besieged by pro- and anti- public plan camps.
- To Make Fun of Quackery: Homeopathy hilarity from Mitchell & Webb (h/t Pharmagossip)
- To Embroider: We were pulling for Roddick in the Wimbledon final and would have been very happy had he won. Not that we were anti-Federer. No, we didn't become anti-Federer til he whipped out that jacket with "15" on the back.
- To Sweep: The Phils took three off the Mets to hopefully put the past few weeks of poor play behind them.