While you were drinking your lithium ...
- News out of the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium: positive data on T-DM1 from ImmunoGen and Roche; on Pfizer's neratinib; on Array's ARRY-380; on Celldex's CDX-011;
- Cubist is buying the VC-backed anti-infectives play Calixa Therapeutics for $92.5 million in up-front cash plus earn-outs related to the progress of one of Calixa's Phase II drug candidates that could total $310 million. Looks like a solid return for Domain/Canaan/Frazier, which put $30mm into the company since it was founded in 2007.
- Mammogram screening debate, meet math. Math, meet mammogram screening debate. You two have much to discuss.
- AstraZeneca's argument to dismiss Crestor's generic rivals via summary judgment was rejected, and the parties head to court in February, reports Reuters. Don't forget Crestor's FDA advisory committee is on tap for later this week ...
- HCR: Lieberman is a Nay. Didn't see that coming?
- So far we've nominated seven deals in our 2009 Deals of the Year competition: You can view them here. There are eleven more to come (six each in three categories). Voting will begin on Wednesday December 23 and continue until Tuesday January 5.
- Oh, Eagles 45, Giants 38.