- Merck KGAA is buying bioprocessing/bioproduction specialist Millipore in a $7.2 billion deal announced this morning.
- Astellas is making public its attempts to buy OSI Pharma for $3.5bb.
- The NYTimes reports on the scourge of drug resistant gram negative bacteria.
- President Obama says health care reform can't wait a generation.
- UK's NICE finally relents on PharmaMar's soft tissue sarcoma drug Yondelis, after Bayer commits to picking up some more of the tab.
- Vertex is going combo on HCV--telaprevir, meet 222. 222, meet telaprevir.
- AZ is buying out Merck's interest in its non-PPI products this year, the companies said. Price tag: $647 million.
- Will set backs for Actelion's IPF drug mean smooth sailing for Intermune next week?
image from flickr user Mary-Kay G used under creative commons