Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Opportunities still abound in China given huge unmet medical needs, demographic changes (e.g., an aging population, adoption of Western lifestyles), and China's health care reforms, which have extended basic medical insurance to virtually all of the country’s 1.3 billion citizens.
But challenges abound too. Sustaining growth will require new models and flexibility: smaller cities are now growing faster than Tier I cities; off-patent medications are under more severe pricing pressure, threatening the traditional business model of multinationals; and compliance has taken center stage.
While support for biopharma innovation is a major government goal, so is curbing health care costs. How can pharma companies collaborate and thrive in this environment?
To take a closer look, PharmAsia News' Twitter site, @PharmAsiaNews, will host a half-hour Twitter chat (hash tag #PAS13) Sept. 19 (3-3:30 pm EST) to discuss hot topics related to the China pharmaceutical industry. The chat will include special industry guests and PharmAsia News editors, and is sponsored by the PharmAsia Summit.
We invite you to join the discussion, ask a question, or just tune in and watch the chat live. It’s a great way to learn the latest on China pharma without leaving your laptop, tablet or smart phone.
For more information, please see below, or contact our editor Joshua Berlin via email or Twitter . We hope to see you there!
• Who: The chat is hosted by @PharmAsiaNews and includes China industry consultants @GeorgeBaeder and @DebraYuPharma , and PharmAsia News editors @TamraPharmAsia and @BioPharmaJosh.
• What: A half-hour Twitter chat to discuss the latest hot topics in the China pharma industry.
• When: Thursday, Sept. 19, 3-3:30 pm EST (for those who can’t attend the chat live, we will provide a link to the discussion at a later date). Go to @PharmAsiaNews at 3 pm to tune in or participate.
• Where: The chat is hosted on the Twitter page of @PharmAsiaNews. To follow the chat, join the discussion or ask a question, go to @PharmAsiaNews or follow hashtag #PAS13.
• Why: China represents the fastest-growing large pharma market, but new models are needed to succeed in a rapidly changing environment. Our Twitter chat is a great way to tune in for a half hour and learn the latest on China pharma.
• How: To join the discussion or ask a question, use hash tag #PAS13 and reference @PharmAsiaNews. Or reply to our ongoing discussion on @PharmAsiaNews using hash tag #PAS13.