Best Picture, director, cinematography, adapted screenplay, score, song, sound mixing, film editing ... 8 Oscars for Slumdog Millionaire. Poor Benji Button and the Wrassler. A frosty academy reception for Frost/Nixon. Anne Hathaway wuz robbed! But few surprises at the Academy Awards as Slumdog romped over Button, Nixon, Batman, and the rest.
But what were some of the other nominees that lost to Slumdog over the weekend? IN VIVO Blog has secured footage of that part of the Oscars that isn't important enough to show in prime-time, and recovered an interesting list.
So, while you were Jai Ho!'d ...
- Best Actor in a Hostile Role: Astellas "remains committed" to its proposed takeover of CV Therapeutics.
- Excellence in Biologics Screening: The NYT reports on a new approach to tackling flu virus: antibodies.
- Best Policy that Has Outlived its Usefulness: Does industry still need a legal shield to help spur investment in the vaccines area? WSJ reviews the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, its legacy, and its future.
- Best Actor Making Less than $1.8 million Plus Bonus, Benefits and Stock Options: J&J's William Weldon.
- Best Original Song: "Wishful Thinking," by Billy Tauzin: What does PhRMA's Tauzin think about health reform? Read about it in the Pink Sheet Daily.